Is your iPhone 12 not accepting Apple ID password? You aren’t alone. It’s a known bug that pops up from time to time, sometimes following a iOS update, sometimes due issues with iCloud, or due to one of the other reasons we’ll discuss in this article. Luckily it’s pretty easy to fix the problem – read on to find out how.
Having an iPhone that is not accepting Apple ID password can be extremely frustrating. Fortunately, help is at hand. In this article we have six different fixes.
Why is iPhone 12 not accepting Apple ID password?
There are many possible reasons leading to iPhone 12 Apple ID password not working:
- It could be an iOS software glitch. For example, your iPhone 12 might sometimes get corrupted and that could prevent the device from accessing Apple ID password information. In other words, your device can’t access the security file that contains information about your Apple ID password. As a result, it can’t compare the Apple ID password you’re entering to the passcode you set up.
- Your Apple ID password may be rejected if it is incorrect.
- It could be that Apple’s servers are down. This doesn’t happen often, and when it does it is usually only for a few minutes.
- It could also happen that your password does not reach Apple’s servers due to connectivity issues between your iPhone and Apple. That could be anything from your iPhone not connecting to your local network to problems with your ISP or anything else between your iPhone and Apple’s servers.
If you find App Store not recognizing Apple ID password, we have the fix. The tips discussed in this article applies to iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max that is not accepting Apple ID password.
Fixes for iPhone 12 not accepting Apple ID password
Before you start troubleshooting, make sure you are entering the correct Apple ID password. If you enter an incorrect Apple ID password, your iPhone will alert you about that. Maybe you hit the wrong keys. Slow down a bit and try again.
Since this issue often occurs after you update your iOS version, maybe the OS failed to install properly. That could trigger various glitches, including the Apple Id password issue we’re covering in this guide. So, if you know for a fact that your Apple ID password is right, pursue the troubleshooting solutions below.
Fix 1: Turn your iPhone off and on again
No troubleshooting guide would be complete without the stalwart advice “turn it off and on again”. It is often the fix all solution so it’s the best place to start.
Press and hold one of the volume buttons at the same time as the Side button. Eventually the power-off slider will appear. Just drag that from left to right and wait for your iPhone to shut down. To turn it back on press the side button again.
Once your iPhone has started up again, try entering your Apple ID password and see if the problem is fixed.
What if that doesn’t fix it? Read on…
Fix 2: Perform a forced restart.
If you’re scratching your head wondering, “why isn’t my Apple ID password working?” Force restart the device. Maybe this quick workaround will remove the software blockage.
- Press and quickly release the .
- press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Fix 3: Update iOS
This is a bug that often comes up after major software updates, but those kinds of issues are often quickly addressed by Apple, so the next thing to check is that you are running the latest version of iOS.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Your iPhone will check for updates and if one is available you will see it here. Click on Download and Install. You will need to be connected to WiFi.
Fix 4: Check iCloud is working
Before going any further, we suggest that you check that iCloud is working correctly at Apple’s end. It’s possible that the iCloud server has gone down, for example. Go to https://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/ on your Mac or iPhone and check that all the services are lit up green.
If there is a problem with iCloud at Apple’s end, then it’s best to give Apple a couple of hours to fix it.
Fix 5: Reset all settings
- Go to Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Reset
- Tap reset all settings.
When you complete the process, your iPhone will reboot. Despite the scary two step warning, this doesn’t affect your data. All of your email accounts will remain in tact, as well as any SMS text or iMessages.
What this effectively does is to reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.
Fix 6: Reset your password
If you find Apple ID password not working on iPhone 12, and you’ve checked Apple System Status, then the next thing is to change your Apple ID password. It’s a hassle, but often it fixes the problem. Changing your password is easiest on your Mac (or Windows PC).
- Start the Safari web browser and navigate to appleid.apple.com.
- Click ’Reset your password’.
- Type in your Apple ID and hit Next.
- Choose Email authentication or Answer Security Questions and click Next.
- Click Reset Password in the email, or enter the security questions.
- Enter a new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click Reset Password.
- Now try entering the new password on your iPhone when it asks. This should be accepted by your iPhone 12 and fix the problem.
iPhone 12 not accepting Apple ID password? Fixed
You’ve fixed the problem and your iPhone 12 is accepting Apple ID password again. Your iPhone 12 might sometimes fail to recognize your Apple ID password even though you’re hitting the correct keys. This problem often occurs after users install the latest iOS updates on their devices. Unfortunately, the cause remains unknown. To troubleshoot this problem, force-restart your iPhone. If the issue persists, you’ve only got one option left and that is to reset your Apple ID password.
When was the last time your iPhone 12 failed to accept your Apple ID password? Did you find other solutions to troubleshoot the problem? Do let us know in the comments below.